With everything happening in the country, I believe a lot of you are considering to get those passports ready just in case it’s time to fly out for good (because honestly, same here). Mine happened to expire a few months ago so I had to renew it and get an original copy of my PSA Birth Certificate as part of the requirements (I only had the NSO version, but apparently, PSA seals are now required). While avoiding to go out of the house during quarantine, I’ve discovered that there is a quicker and safer way to get original birth certificates – and that’s via online requests and contactless payments.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how I did it:
- Visit PSA Serbilis’ website and click on the “Click here to request now” button.
- Read and click “Accept” under the Terms and Conditions listed on the website.
- Fill out the “Contact and Delivery Information”.
- Under the “Requests Summary”, select the certificates that you need. In this case, “Birth Certificate”. You can also request for marriage and death certificates there.
- Answer the questions and needed information to place an order.
- To pay for your delivery, use your PayMaya account* and follow these steps:
- Select “Pay Bills”
- Click on the “Philippine Statistics Authority” logo
- Enter the account number provided, amount, your contact number, and the payor’s name.
- Click continue and take a screenshot of your transaction just to be sure!
7. Wait for the delivery. You can track this by going to your PSA Serbilis account’s Delivery Page.
Note: Instructions are also sent via the email that you provided so make sure to read through it!
That’s it! Deliveries are done from Monday to Friday , 8 AM – 5 PM, except on holidays. This way, we won’t need to go out to look for a Bayad Center or pay over the counter at PSA-preferred banks (if you don’t have online banking apps).
*PayMaya, a mobile payment account, serves as a virtual prepaid card for paying bills, shopping online, and ordering food. Aside from paying for government-related requirements, you can also use it for other purchases online. This is what I use as a credit card since I honestly don’t want to get one! You can download the app via App Store/Playstore or read more about it here: