Sending money to our loved ones – especially those in the province, is now even easier with the help of digital apps. But we can’t deny the fact that we still have friends and relatives who do not have mobile banking or e-wallet accounts, thus heavily relying on services like Smart Padala. To keep us all connected no matter where we are in the Philippines, PayMaya offers a convenient option to transfer funds from our app to any of the over 39,000 Smart Padala agents nationwide.
I discovered this feature during the pandemic due to the rise of calls for donations on social media. Majority of the receivers neither have immediate access to banks nor e-wallets, so Smart Padala was one of the common option. Should you need to share funds for the same reason (or any other reason), here’s how you can do so:
How to transfer money from PayMaya to Smart Padala
1. Ask for the 16-digit account number of the Smart Padala agent in the receiver’s neighborhood. Since there’s always a Smart Padala agent in communities, you can ensure that your recipient would be able to receive the funds quickly and conveniently.
2. Open your PayMaya app and select “Send Money”.
3. Enter the 16-digit account number of the Smart Padala agent on the mobile/account number field in your app. PayMaya will automatically detect that it’s a Smart Padala account number.
4. Input the amount you’d like to transfer, add a message, and click “Continue”.
5. Double check the transaction details before clicking “Send”.
6. Take a screenshot or share the reference number of your transaction to the recipient so they can claim the money. Note, however, that 1.5% of the transaction amount will be charged to you as the sender (thus, the Php 7.50 charge reflected in the photo).
How to claim from Smart Padala
Just in case the receiver isn’t familiar with the process yet, here’s how they can claim the funds from their Smart Padala agent:
1. Ensure that the Smart Padala agent store is open before going out.
2. Bring 1 valid ID, copy of mobile and reference number as proof of transaction.
3. Present the requirements in order to claim the money.
Good things come to those who share their blessings, so people who send money from PayMaya to Smart Padala are also entitled to join PayMaya’s ongoing promo from March 19-June 18, 2021. 10 winners of Php 10,000 PayMaya credits will be picked on May 24 and June 23, while one winner will be receiving credits worth Php 100,000!
To gain entries, just send a minimum amount of Php 1,000 to any Smart Padala agent nationwide during the promo period. The first transaction will automatically grant you five raffle entries, while the succeeding transactions will be equivalent to one raffle entry. You will automatically receive a notification regarding your raffle entry/ies via SMS, too. Easy peasy!
For those who are not yet familiar with PayMaya, it’s an e-wallet that is available for free download via App Store and Google Play. It can be used both in making payments through a physical card, virtual card, via your mobile number online or via QR. Through the app, users can shop online and in-store, buy gaming pins, buy prepaid load, send money, and pay bills conveniently.
To start enjoying cashless convenience, download the PayMaya app at https://official.paymaya.com/CAK1/425eb133 and experience the better way to pay for your everyday needs.