Wishing for everyone’s safety now that COVID-19 cases in the Philippines have doubled. We cannot rely on the government alone, so here are more ways to help out even while at the comfort of our homes during community quarantine. Aside from LazadaForGood donations, you can also use PayMaya to share additional funds for charitable foundations and humanitarian agencies mobilizing relief and response efforts against COVID-19. PayMaya’s partners include Philippine Red Cross (PRC), Caritas Manila, UNICEF, and Philippine Disaster Resilience Foundation.
Anyone from around the world can go to the #OneAgainstCOVID19 website and donate using their credit, debit, or prepaid card. This means that even overseas Filipinos can pitch in for the various efforts. Online donation acceptance using a Philippine mobile number with a PayMaya account through Pay with PayMaya is also available. For PayMaya account holders, donating via the Pay Bills section of the PayMaya app or by scanning a partner’s PayMaya QR online is the fastest way to support #OneAgainstCOVID19 causes. Here’s how:
DONATIONS VIA WEB
- Go to http://donate.paymaya.com
- Choose the specific organization or cause that you want to donate to
- Choose the donation amount or package of your choice, then click ‘Add to Cart’
- Review your cart or donate to other organizations as well, then click ‘Check Out’
- Fill in the needed information, then click ‘Continue to Payment’. Review the details you entered, then click ‘Complete Order’ to be redirected to the secure payment page
- Enter your card or PayMaya details in the fields provided, then click ‘Pay Now’
- You will receive a confirmation of your donation via email or SMS, depending on the payment method
DONATIONS VIA APP
- Log in to your PayMaya account
- Click the ‘Pay Bills’ button
- Choose from among the organizations with the hashtag #OneAgainstCOVID19 you want to donate to
- In the Account Number field, enter ‘00000’
- In the Amount field, enter the amount you want to donate
- Once done, click continue. Review the information you have entered, then click ‘Pay’
- You will receive an SMS in your mobile phone regarding the donation
- Philippine Red Cross is seeking donations for different aid packages that will be given to medical front liners and communities affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- UNICEF is calling for donations to provide critical, medical and sanitation supplies for health facilities, as well as educating children and families on proper handwashing, providing parents with home-based educational activities for children and psychosocial support through counselling.
- Oxfam Pilipinasproceeds will go to helping ensure that poor families have access to water, sanitation and hygiene items to protect their health, and help them recover from the effects of COVID-19—particularly those who lost their livelihood or income during the community quarantine period.
- Caritas Manila is calling for cash donations to provide Caritas LIGTAS COVID-19 kits and Caritas Manna food bags to poor communities, families, and the elderly in Metro Manila, who are the most vulnerable during these difficult times.
Also included in the list is the Philippine Business for Social Progress, Kaya Natin! Movement for Good Governance and Ethical Leadership, Philippine Disaster Resilience Foundation, TV5’s Alagang Kapatid Foundation, PLDT-Smart Foundation, and #nowheretogobutUP.
Tip: To gain extra Php 50 that you can also add to donations, new PayMaya users may use my referral code (CESPAYMAYA) upon signing up. Sign-up points that I’ll be receiving throughout the quarantine period will be used as additional support for these organizations.
Donations collected via these #OneAgainstCOVID19 channels will be received by PayMaya and remitted to their respective recipient organizations. Donations range from Php 50 to Php 5,000. Remember that no amount is too small during these trying times. We can only do so much while observing physical distancing.
Stay safe and healthy, everyone!