Just in time for the first episode of Rupaul’s Drag Race Season 13, we’re updating our makeup bag this year with leveled-up products from one of the newest brands we’ve tried in 2020. We’ve had our eyes on Anastasia Beverly Hills for a long time now, thanks to beauty gurus and drag queens that we’ve been following for the past few months, and finally, we now know where to find and try them here in the Philippines without even leaving the house!
For those who are not yet familiar with the brand, Anastasia Beverly Hills is an American cosmetics company best known for their eyebrow products and highly pigmented eyeshadow shades. They have been featured in a lot of shows already, the recent one being one of my favorites – RuPaul’s Drag Race. If beauty queens and performers highly recommend it, then it’s definitely a must-try for those who want glitz and glam in their kits.
WHAT TO TRY
1. Soft Glam II: An everyday-to-night palette with eight shades, including essential mattes and glam shimmers. Features six fan-favorite shades from the original Soft Glam Eye Shadow Palette plus two shades from the cult-classic Norvina Eye Shadow Palette.
2. Limited-edition Haute Holiday Mini Lip Gloss Set: This vanilla-scented holiday mini lip gloss set lets you customize your ultimate holiday lip looks. This limited-edition set features four all-new lip gloss shades including two flattering lacquer finishes with high-shine effect and two shimmering finishes with multi-dimensional reflect.
3. Lip Stain: An incredibly long-lasting lip stain with rich color, matte finish, weightless feel and serious staying power.
4. Clear Brow Gel: Like a clear topcoat for brows, this lightweight, brush-on gel sets product and keeps hair in place.
5. Brow Pen: A superfine-tipped pen ideal for creating realistic hair-strokes that will give you your most natural-looking brows yet.
6. Limited-edition Mini Lash Brag Volumizing Mascara Ornament: A travel-sized volumizing mascara that instantly adds the look of dramatic volume, fullness, and thickness to any lash type.
7. Brow Definer: An eyebrow pencil that features three different-sized edges, ideal for versatility in application.
HOW TO TRY
Since makeup testers are a big no-no for safety at the moment, Anastasia Beverly Hills AR (augmented reality) are available on Instagram for us to try out the products without literally swatching them on our skin. The feature allows us to shade match from the comfort of our home!
The AR feature can be viewed via @anastasiabeverlyhills Instagram Story highlights.
Another innovation that Anastasia Beverly Hills recently introduced is their virtual Eyebrow Shade Finder. With this feature, all you need to do is take a selfie or upload your picture on the site and it will help you find the perfect eyebrow shade for you. Scan the QR code below to try it now.
WHERE TO BUY
Anastasia Beverly Hills products are available online via sephora.ph or you can also check out their physical stalls in Beauty Bar branches nationwide.