Aside from health and safety risks brought about by the recent pandemic, businesses have also received a huge hit by being forced to adapt to online alternatives – from online marketing down to online payments. As I see more of my friends shift to small business that can be done from the comfort of their homes, I’ve also noticed how limited payment schemes have affected sales. With our aim to help support small businesses, we’d also like to share this new feature from PayMaya which aims to provide a way for online stores to do contactless online payment anywhere, anytime.
Meet the PayMaya Negosyo app:
There are three ways to receive payments — via PayMaya QR code, Send Money Transfer, or Bank Transfer. Note that the PayMaya Negosyo app is different from the PayMaya app used by consumers to make payments. To start using this for your online store, simply:
- Download “PayMaya Negosyo App” via Google Play or AppStore.
- Register and submit needed information.
- Wait for the confirmation SMS from PayMaya within 1-2 days.
- Start sharing your QR code or mobile number as a mode of payment for your customers.
From what we know, there are no set-up and monthly fees required in using the app; however, there will be a 1.5% fee for every QR payment transaction. The QR Code can also be used in-store purchases if you have a physical shop.
For more details, you can also visit pymy.co/PayMayaNegosyo. For customers, here’s how you can pay an online store or donate to charities supporting communities affected by COVID-19 via your PayMaya app:
- No card, no problem! Here’s how you can use your PayMaya mobile number for online deals
- Step-by-step guide: Using PayMaya to support UNICEF, Caritas, other organizations while on quarantine
Keep safe, everyone!