All these hype about skin care routine and products that bring instant effects have occasionally popped up in our social media newsfeeds. “Drop your skin care routine” has been widely used to the point that even I have reached the point of confusion on which really works for who. No matter how amazing these too-good-to-be-true experiences are, it helps to remember that not everyone will have the same experience in using certain products because we all have different skin types.
To help us understand this topic further, we recently attended a talk led by Dr. Melanie Chao-lo, a dermatologist invited by Cetaphil Philippines. The #7DaysOfCetaphil event, which started last Monday (August 20, 2018), at SM Makati aims to further explain the importance of holistic health and share limited-time promos that customers can only avail at their pop-up event booth.
Cetaphil’s guest dermatologist debunked myths like the effectiveness of one-day acne “erasers” that only seem to work due to steroids – an ingredient that can be harmful due to its vein-constricting properties. But more importantly, we were given 8 useful tips that anyone can follow:
1. Care from the inside: Vitamins and proper diet help the skin to stay young and healthy. Enough glasses of water can help not just our skin, but our entire body as well. Remember that beauty can also come from within!
2. Care from the outside: Bathe daily with soap and water. Contrary to belief that it’s better if we don’t take a bath every day, it’s okay to do so with the weather conditions here in the Philippines. Just don’t pick soaps that have strong chemicals/ingredients.
3. Apply moisturizers to dry skin: We all need moisturizing from time to time.
4. Use mild soap for your face: To cleanse your face from dirt, it’s enough to wash the face with mild soap 2-3 times a day, depending on the skin type.
5. Know your skin type: Choose a cleanser that suits your type of skin to avoid overcleaning, drying and irritation. Regular soap and water are enough for normal skin, oilated soaps and moisturizers work well on dry skin, and astringents and drying soaps are only recommended for oily skin.
6. Don’t over-cleanse: Too much cleansing may strip the skin of its natural oils and moisture so it’s best to just wash after waking up and before going to bed.
7. Pat, don’t scrub too much: Never scrub the skin aggressively since this practice will only end up damaging your skin. Use a clean, soft towel and pat away instead.
8. Protect yourself from the sun: Use sunscreen or sunblock 30 minutes before sun exposure, every 2 hours as needed. Those with SPFs greater than 30 are the best ones to use. When going out, don’t forget to bring a black umbrella or a sun visor/wide-brimmed hat.
Other topics that were discussed during the #7DaysOfCetaphil celebration include protecting atopic skin, achieving glass skin, baby skin care tips for moms, and completing health routines.
Sunday (August 26, 2018) will be Cetaphil’s last day at the ground floor of SM Makati. Drop by for their culminating event and make the most out of their promos! Get a free sling bag when you buy P1,000 worth of Cetaphil products, get a free pouch when you buy 1 Cetaphil PRO wash and 1 PRO Moisturizer, get a free swaddle when you buy P700 worth of Cetaphil Baby Products, and save more with their 2+1 Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser.
Facebook: Cetaphil Philippines