Get ready to embark on another literary adventure as the highly anticipated Big bad Wolf Book Sale returns to Manila this June! No need to huff and puff your way to different stores as the huge event is bringing around 2 million books and our favorite selections in just one location. No need to break the bank as well because titles will be up for grabs for as low as Php 20!
While the schedule may have undergone a few changes this year, rest assured that the organizers have gone above and beyond to ensure that this edition of the book sale remains the ultimate destination for avid readers and families alike. To help you prepare for this journey, here are a few things to remember:
1. The event is free for all! No admission fee required. All you need to do is to register for a free membership through a QR code that will be provided prior to entering the venue. By registering, you’ll be able to gain access to exclusive offers and deals when you checkout through the web app.
2. New location, bigger space. The Big Bad Wolf will now take shelter at the PICC Forum Tent in Pasay City in order to accommodate more books and guests throughout the book sale. Aside from the space, this area is also picture-perfect for your #BookHaul posts on social media!
3. Up to 2 million books up for grabs! Big Bad Wolf Book Sale organizers believe in the power of books and they’re increasing their selections as they bounce back from the pandemic. Here’s a peek at some of the titles:
4. Adjusted time from 10AM to 1AM. While they won’t be open 24/7 this year, books will continue to be replenished every day until supplies last. Based on my experience from previous runs, it’s still best to drop by in the morning during opening and after rush hours. New titles usually appear during those times!
5. Two weeks’ worth of non-stop book shopping! Mark your calendars and drop by PICC Forum Tent any day from June 23 to July 3 or visit every single day. Expect a lot of people to go shopping during weekends, so I would suggest that you schedule your visit on a weekend during office hours!
6. Books will be discounted up to 95% off. More savings means more books! Price starts at Php 20, but average price based on my previous purchases are at Php 350. You won’t find anything beyond Php 4,590, too!
7. Variety of genres to choose from. As always, the Big Bad Wolf Book Sale is set to bring a variety of genres such as science-fiction, thriller, literature, young adult, business, cookbooks, art and design, children’s books, and many other sought-after books that used to cost a fortune! Titles are released daily so expect the selection to change every few days.
8. Save more by using Metrobank credit and debit cards. To further enhance the readers’ experience, Big Bad Wolf is proud to announce it partnership with Metropolitan Bank & Trust Co. as its first and official bank partner. Visitors can expect special offers and discounts when using their Metrobank credit and debit cards, making it even more rewarding to explore the vast collection of books:
- Metrobank Exclusive Payment Lanes – enjoy dedicated lanes during the sale;
- 0% installment – For a minimum purchase of P3,000, avail of 0% installment for 3 months;
- Up to 10% cashback – Purchases of P5,000 with Metrobank credit cards can score up to 10% cashback; and
- Metrobank VIP Lounge – Qualified World, Platinum Mastercard and Travel
PlatinumVisa cardholders will also have exclusive access to a special lounge where they can sit and spend time reading their latest book haul.
Those interested in getting a Metrobank credit card can apply for one at the special booth located at the event or visit their website to enjoy the exclusive Metrobank benefits. Qualified applicants can get either zero annual fees or 120,000 welcome rewards points for select cards and amounts of accumulated spend.
Don’t forget to eat and hydrate before going book shopping! See you at the sale!