Did you know that tea bags also contribute to the world’s plastic problem? As eco-friendly as they may seem, these small packs may contain a plastic called polypropylene and may take over a year to decompose. Now, imagine how many people drink tea on a daily basis and how many tea bags are part of our landfills now. Yikes! To make tea time healthy not just for us but for the planet Earth as well, it’s still more preferable to brew your own tea or use tea bags that are truly eco-friendly — both of which are available at Sekaya Botanic Infusion.
Sekaya, my current go-to brand for botanical blends, originally introduced their products in a loose-leaf format but they’ve recently launched eco-friendly tea bags for people who are always on the go. They have different infusions (combination of leaves, barks, roots, seeds, and fruits) for various health concerns such as stomach discomfort, sleep quality, and mental alertness. All ingredients are sourced from certified USDA organic farms, non-GMO, non-irradiated, and have been certified by Quality Assurance International (QAI), too!
The new eco-friendly eco bags are made out of plant-derived materials that are both biodegradable and non-toxic, so no need to worry about chemicals and microplastics leaching into your drink. Unlike typical tea bags that are flat and square in shape, Sekaya’s tea bags have a pyramid shape to give the botanicals more room to freely float around and release each infusion’s flavor, aroma, phytoactives and nutrients for maximum benefits.
- Immune Brew: A new addition to their lineup. This helps strengthen our body’s immunity with the help of organic echinacea purpurea herb, lemon balm leaves, olive leaf, elderflower, lemon peel, elderberries, goldenseal herb, and ginger root. It tastes good, too! Something worth adding to our daily vitamin intake.
- Cozy Calm: Tea that can help you unwind after a stressful day. Unlike the other infusions, this one is more citrusy and zesty.
- Aftermeal Treat: For days when we experience stomach discomfort after a meal. It’s soothing because of its minty-yet-mellow taste.
- Easy Nightcap: Helps relieve stress and tension for better sleep quality. A good option to try for people like me who want to adjust their body clock. I think it helped me (on top of other changes like eating at 7PM and not using my phone past 11 PM).
- Energy Mix: Assists in keeping mental focus. It has a minty, mellow, and sweet-like flavor to it.
- Gentle Detox: Strengthens the body’s daily detoxification actions.
- Liver Vitality: Helps keep the liver healthy so it can do its job of flushing out toxins.
- Skin Cleanse: This earthy spiced yet sweet mix helps clear the skin of impurities in a natural way – internally. This may be helpful on top of our usual skincare routine.
- Pu-erh Trim: The go-to drink for those who want to look after their cholesterol levels and weight! Has an earthy flavor.
In case you’re not yet familiar with botanical infusions and the benefits of drinking tea, you can watch Sekaya’s livestream via the Synnovate Flagship Store in Lazada on April 12, 6:00 PM.
For other tips on how to look after your health (and planet Earth, too), visit:
- The ‘Happy Food’ Tracker: ‘Science of Eating a Rainbow’, other tips on how to eat healthy
- LIST: Doctor-recommended immunity-boosting products to add to your cart