Since the Philippines is a predominantly Catholic nation, a lot of people are now preparing for Lent – a season of prayer and fasting which begins on Ash Wednesday and ends on Black Saturday. Fasting is a common form of sacrifice for Filipinos, who usually prepare their meat-free meals on specific days, weeks, or even a month. It’s not easy to prepare a menu, though! Good thing Pizza Hut’s also offering wholesome, meat-free options for those who are abstaining from meat.
Here’s a list of their Lent-appropriate meals, from small to family-size servings:
- Veggie Lovers Pan Pizza: Topped with crunchy bell peppers, mushrooms, chunky onions and juicy pineapples, all laid on a bed of double layers of mozzarella cheese.
- Cheese Lovers Pan Pizza: Made with mozzarella, parmesan, and cheddar cheese.
- Mozzarella Sticks: Cheese sticks served with chunky tomato dip. Best served hot, promise!
- Garlic Bread: Toasted to perfection, one of our favorites!
- Crab Salad Roll: Made with crab sticks, cucumber, and lettuce wrapped in rice paper. Comes with sesame soy dressing, too.
- Tomato Herb Pasta: A good alternative to the meatball spaghetti.
- KitKat Pops: A yummy dessert for the kid-at-heart!
These are available until April 3, 2021 (Black Saturday) for dine-in, take-out, and delivery. You can check out their full menu at www.pizzahut.com.ph or call 8911-11-11.
For updates on our latest discoveries within (and outside) the Metro, don’t forget to follow Manila Millennial on Facebook, YouTube, or Instagram. Keep safe and have a blessed, peaceful Lent! 🙂