With businesses being forced to adapt to the “new normal” of going cashless to avoid transmission of the COVID-19 virus, it’s worth considering that not everyone is capable to immediately shift to fully digital and cashless technology. As this challenge poses a threat, especially for micro and small business owners, digital financial services leader PayMaya has recently launched a program to fully support micro-,small-,and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) across the country to help everyone transition and keep businesses afloat.
Based on recent figures from the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) and the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), an estimated 90,000 businesses remain closed and over 200,000 workers have permanently lost their jobs as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, many of which belong to the MSME sector. To address this, PayMaya launched their “Sulong Negosyo” campaign – a product, program, and partnership support worth up to P60 million, last Wednesday (October 7, 2020) to help jumpstart the recovery and growth of MSMEs in the country aided by cashless and contactless payments.
Here are seven business solutions that they are currently offering and details on how you can sign up for your business:
1. PayMaya QR: Codes that can easily be shared via social media or chat apps, or displayed for face-to-face transactions, allowing sellers to receive instant payments from PayMaya users.
2. PayMaya Payment Links: To help MSMEs that do not have established e-Commerce stores by allowing them to generate links which they can send to their customers for payment. Once clicked, customers will be led to their own PayMaya payment page where they can pay using their PayMaya account or Visa, Mastercard, and JCB credit or debit cards.
3. PayMaya Checkout Plugins: For MSMEs operating online stores powered by Shopify, Magento, or WooCommerce that allows for quick and easier integration of the PayMaya Checkout payment gateway without the need for advanced coding knowledge or experience.
PAYMAYA NEGOSYANTE REWARDS
4. Exclusive rewards to merchants whenever they accept cashless payments through various PayMaya products and solutions
5. Free advertisements and marketing tools to help promote their products and services online through PayMaya’s various digital properties and within the PayMaya app
6. Free livelihood trainings and online courses with industry experts to help them gain business and digital skills to prepare them for the New Normal
GO NEGOSYO PARTNERSHIP PERKS
7. Income opportunities and mentorship programs: PayMaya has tied up with entrepreneurial advocacy group Go Negosyo for income opportunities and mentorship programs in the next few months. MSMEs participating in Go Negosyo programs across the country can also enjoy access to PayMaya products, with assistance on onboarding, incentives, and training resources.
HOW TO APPLY
MSMEs interested in going digital can easily sign up and upload their requirements by using the new PayMaya Business Manager at http://pymy.co/BeAMerchant or by downloading the PayMaya Negosyo app from the Google Play Store. For those who want to join the PayMaya Negosyante Rewards program, it’s also easy to sign up via pymy.co/Negosyante.
Through its app and wallet, PayMaya provides millions of Filipinos with the fastest way to own a financial account with over 57,000 Add Money touchpoints nationwide, more than double the total number of traditional bank branches in the Philippines combined.
With more and more businesses closing down due to the impact of the pandemic, I’m really happy that different groups are now teaming up to keep small business owners afloat. Not only are they helping Filipino livelihood, they’re also helping prevent our economy from crashing down. For inquiries about their programs, you may visit www.PayMaya.com or get in touch with @PayMayaOfficial on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.