Going somewhere special this holiday season? Well, it’s about time! We all deserve a quick break from the hustle and bustle of the city… and even out of the country from time to time! It’s a breath of fresh air (literally) and a refreshing timeout.
To help you with your wardrobe choices, we’ve picked our favorites from the second day of Sparkle: Holiday Collection 2019 runway at Shangri-La Plaza last Saturday (November 9, 2019). Most of the outfits are fit for upcoming reunions all the way up to New Year’s Eve. After all, it’s better to be overdressed than underdressed at any occasion. You can just lose a couple of pieces to tone down a bit on the spot if you feel like your #OOTD is too much!
1. Gowns and Tuxedos: For formal events, go for couture renaissance taking different shapes. Exaggerated sleeve detailing and sculpted shoulders rendered in metallic finishes are in!
2. 80s Nightclub Ensemble: Sparkly pieces are best worn during the holidays. Incorporate glitter and exaggerated shoulder pads to an outfit to bring out that 80s glam girl!
3. Monochromatic Outfits: For those like me, who’d rather stick to the basics most of the time, I usually play safe with neutrals like beige, off white, or gray that exude quiet confidence. These colors can easily break the monotony of blacks (and reds) expected at events this season.
4. Mix and Match: Clothes come in simple textures and prints, but when worn together, it can create a statement. Stay warm while still looking runway-ready by mixing and matching clothes! It’s a style for bravehearts who want to make an impression right away.
5. Metallics, Glitter, and Fur: Because we can pull it off during months when its the coldest!
6. Loose Tailoring: Ankle-length coats and comfy slacks? A big yes if you’re heading off somewhere cold! It’s the look that keeps any holidaymaker warm without the unnecessary puff.
7. Tropical Colors: For those who want to maintain happy summer vibes throughout cold ber months, there are turtlenecks, midi dresses, and boots in vibrant hues, dreamy pastels, and bold patterns waiting to be added to your shopping bags.
8. Shades of Fall and Winter: Blend in the autumn backdrop by adding pink and orange or rust and merlot to your closet. Opt for outfits in white, silver, and blue for a look that’s effortlessly magical if you’re heading to cold mountains abroad!
You can find all these pieces along with other essentials at CLN, Debenhams, Details, Evernew, John Herrera, K & Company, Mango, Marks & Spencer, Mico, Plains & Prints, Polo Ralph Lauren, Rustan’s, Samsonite, Sky Castle, Steve Madden, Stradivarius, Styled, T.M. Lewin, Unica, Viceversa, Weave, and Zara. There are also #OOTD must-haves at Anne Klein, Armani Exchange, Bayo, CK Jeans, CLN, Debenhams, Gap, Great Kids, Joe Fresh, Just G, Marks & Spencer, Old Navy, Onitsuka Tiger, Periwinkle, Pink Manila, RAF by Plains & Prints, Polo Ralph Lauren, Rustan’s, Samsonite, Steve Madden, Styled, The Flower Collection, and True Religion.
No better time to show off sartorial sensibilities than the last stretch of the year when travels to cooler countries are booked and gatherings fill the calendar! Got other stylish picks that you want to share with us? Let us know by sending a message to Manila Millennial’s Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram page. Happy Holidays! 😉