Isn’t it too early for StyleFestPH? The answer is NOPE! In fact, eight finalists are already starting their two-month Designer Mentorship Program (DMP) with some of the leading names in the fashion industry as their mentors with StyleFestPH 2019 going full blast at the Grand Hyatt Manila, BGC. As early as now, we can already give you a sneak peek at some of the pieces from 0917 Lifestyle’s collaboration with Bang Pineda and even some event highlights of the fashion fiesta from November 4-6, 2019!
Now on its second year, this project created by 0917 Lifestyle – the tech and fashion brand of Globe, and SAGA Events aims to celebrate and cultivate creativity and craftsmanship. This is in hopes of helping elevate Filipino talents to the international runways.
Manila Millennial had the chance to see the talented designers from the DMP program last Wedneseday (September 11, 2019) at the Grand Hyatt Manila in BGC. We were told that fashion icon Inno Sotto, fashion darling Carl Jan Cruz, fashion stylist Sidney Yap, Zalora founder and CEO Paulo Campo, and head of 0917 Lifestyle Leah De Guzman will be guiding the eight finalists — Ia Coca, Neil Anthonie, Adrian Sagahun, Bessie Besana, Justine Llarena, Bea Guerrero, Einar Nicdao, and Austeen Sorian — before they present their collections on the runway during the second day of the fashion extravaganza on November 5.
Aside from the DMP, StyleFestPH 2019 offers a wide array of activities that include trend talks, designers on spotlight, runway shows, and shopping parties throughout the 3-day event.
- Designers on Spotlight: Guests can gain insights and inspirations from the industry’s success stories here as important aspects of fashion and digital business will be discussed.
- The first part dubbed “Roots” will focus support for local artisans and in promoting the use of culturally rich clothing such as jusi and t’nalak featuring designers Paloma Zobel, Chris Nick, and Mark Bumgarner.
- Boom Sason will be giving a talk about promoting and championing body confidence through the way she designs her line.
- DMP finalists will be presenting their line on the runway.
- Bang Pineda will be taking the limelight together with 0917 Lifestyle.
- Fashion SNOOPS, a global trend forecasting company, will be sharing their fashion forecast that will shape the consumer market. Expect to gain ideas on how to strategize and make a campaign work during this discussion.
- See Now, Buy Now: After each runway show, selected items from the existing collections of the five designers will be available for purchase by the audience.
0917 LIFESTYLE SNEAK PEEK
To get you hyped up, here’s a sneak peek at 6 of the pieces from the 0917 Lifestyle x Bang Pineda collection:
“Globe Telecom, through 0917 Lifestyle, has always been supportive in the development of the country’s fashion industry — its new blood, the awe-inspiring ideas, and the bold designs that keep it alive. StyleFestPH 2019 is our way to give our young designers a venue to express their creativity and provide them the means to reach a wider local audience and even the international market,” Leah De Guzman, Head of 0917 Lifestyle, says.
For stylish updates, visit stylefest.ph or follow their social media pages: @stylefestph on Facebook and Twitter. You can also follow Manila Millennial on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram for the latest style inspos in the Metro.
Check out our #OOTD during the media launch!
*Note: All photos above were taken by and for Manila Millennial. Please send us a message, should you wish to repost the images on a different platform. 🙂