Before Pride Month ends, we’re adding new titles to our binge-watch list for the weekend: Portrait of a Lady on Fire, Ang Huling Cha-Cha Ni Anita, Mga Gabing Kasing Haba ng Hair Ko, 4 Days, and Ang Gasgas na Plaka ni Lolo Bert. These and more PelikuLAYA titles will be available for free viewing and rental until June 30, 2021 as the Film Development Council of the Philippines (FDCP) celebrates Pride Month in solidarity with the LGBTQIA+ community.
Although some of the titles have a comedic twist, these can be a good eye-opener, especially for people who do not quite understand the struggles of people who are asking for the SOGIE Bill to be approved. This is actually FDCP’s second time to hold the PelikuLAYA: LGBTQIA+ Film Festival, which does not only include film screenings, but also panel discussions in support of the community. This year, they’re even set to hold wellness-related sessions! With the theme “Sama-sama, Lahat Rarampa”, FDCP aims to promote inclusivity and further empower the members of the LGBTQIA+ community. I fully support the cause, so here’s a quick guide on what you can watch for free, what you can rent, and what you can watch via subscription before the month ends:
CineSpectra Short Film Festival Titles
- “A” by Rod Modina
- “Alex & Aki” by Dexter Paul de Jesus
- “Doon sa Isang Sulok” by Yong Tapang, Jr.
- “Ang Gasgas na Plaka ni Lolo Bert” by Janina Gacosta and Cheska Marfori
- “Budjang” by Rhadem Morados
FOR RENTAL (Php 220 for 7-day access)
- “Portrait of a Lady on Fire” by Céline Sciamma – A Cannes-winning French film about the riveting love story of two women at a time when women empowerment and freedom aren’t exactly welcomed by society. This is accessible via fdcpchannel.ph for only Php 220 with a 7-day access.
SUBSCRIPTION (as low as Php 99 per subscription)
- “Masahista” by Brillante Mendoza
- “I Love You. Thank You” by Charliebebs Gohetia
- “Mga Gabing Kasing Haba ng Hair Ko” by Gerardo Calagui
- “Miss Bulalacao” by Ara Chawdhury
- “Ang Huling Cha-Cha ni Anita” by Sigrid Andrea P. Bernardo
- “Best. Partee. Ever.” by HF Yambao
- “Ned’s Project” by Lem Lorca
- “4 Days” by Adolfo Alix, Jr.
- “Daybreak” by Adolfo Alix, Jr.
- “Muli” by Adolfo Alix, Jr.
- “Porno” by Adolfo Alix, Jr.
For more details, visit FDCP Channel on Facebook or head over to fdcpchannel.ph. They also have other Filipino films that you can stream online in order to maximize your subscription. Let’s support the team behind FDCP, as well as the Filipinos who worked hard to produce these films! Happy Pride Month! 🙂
P.S. I’d like to thank my friend, Sed (who is also part of the FDCP team), for sharing his access and for letting me know about PelikuLAYA. <3