Dining out, taking out food prepared by other people, and relying on ready-to-eat sets may not be the best option during quarantine season. There’s still a chance of catching the virus from asymptomatic people who may have handled the food we eat. Best way to solve this? Preparing filling and guiltless meals for the family on our own!
Yummy and healthy meals do not necessarily have to cost a lot, though. There are recipes that only require simple ingredients and easy-to-find products like the Mekeni Gluten-free Chicken Longanisa. In case you want to amp up the flavor and creativity for your next meal, here are three easy recipes that you can bookmark and use as reference:
Mekeni Chicken Longanisa Orzo Valenciana
- 1 pack Mekeni Gluten-free Chicken Longanisa (sliced)
- 500g orzo pasta
- 1 cup mixed vegetables
- 550mL water
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 250mL all-purpose cream
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 medium-size onion (minced)
- 1 medium-size bell pepper (sliced thinly)
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon and basil leaves (optional)
- Put olive oil in a deep pan and sauté onion, garlic, and sliced Mekeni Gluten-free Chicken Longanisa. Set aside some of the cooked longanisa as toppings for later.
- Add water and let it boil.
- Add pepper and turmeric. Then, add the orzo pasta and bring it to a boil again.
- Add the all-purpose cream. Once creamy, add in the mixed vegetables including the bell peppers. Wait for it to simmer before removing it from the heat.
- Add the cooked longanisa toppings you’ve set aside earlier and serve!
Mekeni Chicken Longanisa Low Carb Baked Sushi
- 1 1/2 Mekeni Gluten-free Chicken Longanisa (sliced)
- 2 cups cauliflower
- 2 pieces eggs (scrambled and fried)
- 1 cup crab meat (optional)
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Japanese mayo
- 1/2 cup all-purpose cream
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp furikake (optional)
- 1 sachet zero-calorie sweetener
- pinch of salt
- dried seaweed
- Steam cauliflower until soft then chop finely to make cauliflower rice. Stir fry for five (5) minutes then add sriracha and 1 tbsp of rice wine vinegar.
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, Japanese mayo, all-purpose cream, and sachet of zero-calorie sweetener. Add the cooked Mekeni Gluten-free Chicken Longanisa slices and crab meat (optional).
- In a baking pan, put the cauliflower rice as the base and flatten. Top with scrambled eggs and a small amount of furikake (optional). Then add the next layer with the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes in an oven preheated to 180 °C or 400 °F.
- Once cooked, serve with dried seaweed on the side.
Mekeni Chicken Longanisa Dinakdakan Chicken Tofu
- 1 pack Mekeni Gluten-free Chicken Longanisa
- 4 pieces tofu
- 3 pieces long green pepper (sliced)
- 2 pieces red or white onion (sliced)
- 2-3 pieces calamansi
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp liquid seasoning
- 1 tsp onion powder (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- crushed chicharon (optional)
- Fry Mekeni Gluten-free Chicken Longanisa and tofu until brown. Set aside and let it cool.
- Once warm, slice the Mekeni Gluten-free Chicken Longanisa and tofu into thin pieces and put in a large mixing bowl. Add the sliced onion and green pepper.
- For the dressing, combine the mayonnaise, liquid seasoning, calamansi juice, and onion powder in a separate bowl and stir.
- Add the dressing to the large mixing bowl with the other ingredients. Then, add the crushed chicharon and toss everything together until well combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, share, and enjoy!
For those who are not yet familiar with the main ingredient, Mekeni Gluten-free Chicken Longanisa is made with real chicken meat, seasoned with herbs and spices that makes an all-time favorite Kapampangan dish tasty. Since it’s gluten-free, it’s said to help maintain a healthy gut and happy heart! Paella Valenciana is one of my favorite dishes, so I’d recommend the Orzo Valenciana recipe, which has a similar vibe. 🙂
For updates on our latest discoveries within (and outside) the Metro, don’t forget to follow Manila Millennial on Facebook, YouTube, or Instagram. Keep safe!
5 Replies to “3 Chicken Longanisa recipes for a healthy gut and happy heart”
Wow ang sasarap ng recipe na to . Ang daming pwedeng gawin sa longganisa gusto ko ung chicken tofu nkakatakam . Thankyou for sharing ingredients and procedure pwedemg pwede gawin kahit nasa bahay ❤️😍
i like this Mekeni Gluten-free Chicken Longanisa. i am glad that you shared awesome recipes that we can make out of it. i love the Mekeni Chicken Longanisa Low Carb Baked Sushi the most coz i am a sushi lover. it is nice that you can make this into sushi, i am amazed. this is a must try.
Agree po sa panahon talaga ngayon dapat mas doble ingat tayo kaya mas maganda magluto na lang ng sarli instead sa bibili sa labas.Mas safe pa.Gusto ko itong Mekeneli Gulten Free Chicken longanisa and sa mga pwede pa gawin .Thank you for sharing recipe po.Must try lalo na yung Mekeni Chicken Longanisa Low Carb Baked Sushi healthy pa.
Wow. ang sarap naman po nito. Grabe nakakatakam 😋🤗 Pwedeng pwedeng gawin ito kahit nasa bahay ka lang.. At magagawa namin dahil sa tulong nyo po 🤗 Thank you for sharing your ingredients ang procedure po. Dahil dto pwede pwede rin namin gawin ito 😘
wow healthy na masarap pa gusto q yan, thankyou for this new recipe po ate ces, yes may gagayahin na naman po aqng bago sa panlasa q po. 😍
Excited na po aq itry to!! heheh