Face-to-face consultations are so 2019! To keep up with the ever-changing times, beauty and healthcare brand POND’S recently introduced their AI-powered skincare diagnostic tool built on AI-designed Conversation Bot via Shopee. With Skin Advisor Live or “SAL”, users can now get FREE skin analysis, product recommendations, and discounts in just three steps — chat, snap, and buy.
HOW TO USE SAL
It’s super easy to navigate and talk to POND’S and Shopee’s SAL. It only took less than 5 minutes, but I bet it would be even quicker if you already have a clear selfie in your phone’s gallery. Here’s how you can check it:
- Visit the Unilever store via Shopee app and click the CHAT button.
- Type “Hi!” and wait for a message to appear.
- Confirm that you’re 18 years old or above to be able to use the feature.
- SAL will be asking for a selfie for the skin analysis. This is something that you can take via the Shopee camera or upload one from your gallery. Tip: Do not wear makeup, remove your glasses, tie your hair back, and take the photo in a well-lit place for best results. SAL wouldn’t be able to make an analysis when there are too many shadows in the photo or if it’s too dark.
- Wait for the skin analysis and take note of the recommended products that you can include in your skincare routine
HOW TO GET DISCOUNTS
After receiving a list of products that I can try to even out my skintone, SAL also informed me that I can get instant 20% off when I buy any 3 POND’S products. Sweet deal! Plus, if you check out recommended products during their Super Brand Day celebration from January 20-22, 2021, you can also get discounts up to 50% off on selected items and a free POND’S Serum Mask or LED mirror with a minimum spend of Php 799.
Don’t forget to check your Shopee vouchers tab as well for instant free shipping!
I visited my dermatologist on the same day I tried POND’S SAL. To my surprise, the AI’s analysis were quite similar with what has been pointed out during my visit to the skin clinic a few hours before I sent out my selfie. The parts with spots and uneven skin tone were the main targets for improvement and I’m glad that such online tools are now capable of recommending correct products. Both day time and night time products can be checked and users can also get free tips while waiting for the outcome of the analysis. Super fast yet accurate, based on my experience. Just make sure to follow the selfie tips if you also want accurate results!
I really wish more brands – especially beauty brands, would follow suit. It’s safer this way.