Bringing a lot of cash in your pocket on a regular basis can be a bit bothersome. Not that I’m complaining or humble bragging that I have money in my pocket, but there’s just a lingering thought of dropping bills if you’re not careful, misplacing your wallet, or even the fear of getting robbed and losing everything you’ve worked for in an instant. May that be a P500 bill or thousands of cash, money is money! To make sure that I have enough for my day-to-day expenses, I recently switched to a cashless method with PayMaya, which is more secure, because no one has access to your e-wallet unless you give them your password. On top of that, they also give users huge cashback treats! In fact, they’re having a PayMaya Double Cashback Weekend this September 27-29. Before that begins tomorrow, let me give you a quick run-through on how you can get as much as P2,000 and be hassle-free when you #ScanToPay.
PayMaya, a mobile payment account that is available for free download via App Store and Google Play, can be used both in making payments through a physical card or via mobile QR. Through the app, users can shop online and in-store (if the store has a PayMaya QR), buy gaming pins, buy prepaid load, send money, and pay bills conveniently. Tracking transactions is also easy as there are real-time notifications for every purchase made through your account.
HOW TO PAY VIA QR
Going cashless is super easy and convenient for those who do not have time to look for an ATM. With the PayMaya app, you only need to:
- Download the app and register to create an account. You can use my code: 2uwbnif to get P100 in your account FOR FREE!
- Log-in to your account.
- Add money to your account (you can do this with your mobile banking apps via Instapay or in over 40,000 Add-Money stations nationwide)
- Click “Scan QR” and scan the PayMaya QR found near the cash register of a shop.
- Enter the amount to be paid and hit pay. Show the confirmation number to the cashier/shop staff.
- You’ll receive an SMS that verifies the transaction, together with the amount of money left in your virtual card.
HOW TO GET UP TO P2,000 CASHBACK
Before you start your QR shopping spree this weekend, here are things to remember to max out the cashback that you can receive:
- The Double Cashback Weekend Promo is open to everyone who will be paying in full via PayMaya QR when they shop at partner merchants* with minimum spend of P100.
- Make sure that the shop that you’re in has a PayMaya QR code before checking out!
- Users can qualify once per merchant, per day.
- Users get two chances to earn up to 100% cashback, max of P1,000 per cashback (so times 2, that’s P2,000).
- Cashback will be received anytime after the valid transaction up to 14 business days after the promo period. You’ll receive a notification, don’t worry!
- Max cashback per user if P2,000.
- Promo runs from September 27-29, 2019 only.
You can also check out the full mechanics here <linked to https://www.paymaya.com/deals/qr-promos/double-cashback-weekend-just-scan-to-pay-with-paymaya-2019-sep>.
For those who haven’t tried such cashback promos yet, I suggest that you visit my favorite shops with PayMaya QR: National Bookstore for school and office supplies, Toys ‘R Us for games and toys for the kids-at-heart, and Daiso for those who love Japanese products on sale.
There are also a lot of choices to consider when you need to eat on a cashless day. Marketplace by Rustan’s is our go-to shop for all our lunch and merienda needs, while Potato Corner is our fave for yummy fries!
These are just some of the many partner merchants that you can visit this weekend. The full list can be viewed via PayMaya’s website <linked to https://stories.paymaya.com/paymaya-qr-merchants/>. You’ll be surprised at the choices you’ll find there! Globe, Smart, Sun, TNT, and even TM prepaid load are available via the app. They also offer tons of promos with their partner merchants like ZEN Rooms, Zalora, Lazada, and many more!
Let us know how it goes for you! So far, we’re loving how hassle-free it is within the business districts of Metro Manila, thanks to PayMaya. For more tips and updates on the latest promos you can join, keep visiting Manila Millennial’s Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram pages.
Happy shopping, millennials!