With so much to think and worry about at this age, millennials end up feeling stressed at one point (or more) every single week. Good thing that skin care can be affordable nowadays, even though it contains premium ingredients like gold! Our recent discovery from Althea.kr got us believing that we can be like royals even though it don’t run in our blood (Sorry, Lorde!) and our bank accounts.
No need to spend thousands just for gold treatments. The Piolang 24K Gold Wrapping Mask with 99% pure gold only costs less than a thousand pesos and it already has skin purifying, skin-lifting, exfoliating, brightening, moisturizing, and nourishing properties. Proven and tested on flakey dry skin. Here are the 101s about this Korean product:
INGREDIENTS + EFFECTS
It has three main ingredients that deliver beneficial effects to the skin:
- 24K gold – Certified to contain 99% gold which purifies the skin and improves circulation.
- Snail extract – Another millennial-favorite extract which moisturizes and helps in the regeneration of skin cells to lighten scars and smoothen the skin.
- Seaweed extract – Known to be rich in vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and antioxidants that protect the skin from environmental pollutants.
Complete Ingredients: Purified Water, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Ethanol, Mica, Polyurethane-34, Glycerin, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Dipropylene Glycol, Cyclomethicone, Propanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Illicium Verum (Anise) Fruit Extract, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Dimethicon, Beta-Glucan, Polyglumatic Acid, Plantago Asiatica Extract, Diospyros Kaki Leaf Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Leaf Extract, Jania Rubens Extract, Snail Secretion Filtrate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Gold (100ppm) Fragrance, 1 2-Hexanediol
Application can be quite challenging for those who prefer wash-off masks or sheet masks, but you’ll get used to it after a few uses.
- Apply the Piolang 24K Gold Wrapping Mask evenly onto the skin using a mask pack brush or with your clean hands (after pouring enough on your palm).
- Leave the mask on for 10-15 minutes until it completely dries off.
- Remove the mask pack from the chin, working upwards.
The thin golden film is said to absorb waste and sebum while fine particles of gold are absorbed on the clean skin. This controls skin balance with the help of the extracts in the mask.
So, can the Piolang 24K Gold Wrapping Mask help you get that royal glow? If your definition of “royal glow” is the same as ours – moisturized and supple skin that doesn’t need makeup for a dewy finish, then the answer is YES! I have a combination skin so after my first two tries, I ended up applying the mask only on the dry areas of my face so that the rest of the areas won’t look too shiny. It also felt like my skin became oily because of the intense moisture it left behind, but that can easily be solved by a few pats using a towel (don’t use fluffy ones or else you’ll end up having small cotton residues sticking on your face). No doubt that this product can really moisturize your face! It will work best for those who have dry skin.
In terms of the best time to use the gold mask, I highly recommend that you use it before going to bed if ever you’re uncomfortable going out with dewy and shiny skin in the morning. This way, your skin can absorb all the extracts overnight and you’ll wake up having soft, supple skin.
The packaging is very simple yet elegant. I like it, but it would be better if it came with an actual brush for product application.
For only P800, you can already ship an 80ml pack to anywhere in the Philippines via Althea Korea (https://ph.althea.kr/piolang-24k-gold-wrapping-mask).
Note: Best to buy directly from Althea to ensure product authenticity!
Is it a buy or a bye? Let us know and don’t forget to follow Manila Millennial on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for instant updates on our latest K-beauty finds! For more details about Althea, visit and order your boxes at:
Address: Ansun Building 213, Yeongdong-daero, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Korea
- Titi Kamal’s Stay Fresh Body Sparking Mist: A fruity-floral scent for the new year
- ALTHEA Petal Velvet Sunaway + Powder: A millennial’s non-sticky defense against the sun
- ALTHEA ANGEL INTEL: How to use Real Fresh Skin Detoxer 10-second wash-off mask
- Here’s how I got P3000 worth of Korean skincare items for only P1,269 with FREE shipping!